5 Web Design trends for 2016
The designs and layouts of websites are constantly changing, it might a be a bit challenging to keep up with all the website design trends but with web partner at your side, it will be easy to keep your website up to date.
- Long Scroll is among the most popular designs as of late, almost everyone is accustomed to it thanks to our mobile devices and is especially designed for sites that want to attract their users through storytelling.
- Card Layouts, we can thank Pinterest for this concept of presenting information in small but informative rectangular shapes, this also makes them easier to be arranged on different device breakpoints.
- Vision is our strongest human sense, and the fastest way to grab anyone’s attention is through visual affects. Hero Images is one of the latest trends making them among the most popular. Users won’t have to suffer from slow loading times thanks to advances in bandwidth and data compressions.
- Having a mobile friendly site is on everyone’s lips, a site that is responsive means higher rankings on google as well. 50% of people use their mobiles to access the internet so having a responsive site will definitely be in your favour.
- Rich Animations are being used more and more to make the experience more interactive and entertaining, this is a great way to attract users as well. Animations can be put in 2 groups :
- Large scale animations are used as primary interactive tools and includes effects like pop-up notifications and parallax scrolling
- Small scale animations do not require a users input and include hover tools and loading bars.
These are among the top 5 ranking website design trends. In the end you have to do what will be best for you and your business, bearing in mind what would attract possible users and clientele.