In today’s world, you’re bound to hear about the importance of digital marketing. While some see the value in it, others deem it an overemphasized topic or a buzzword that carries little to no value.
Often, this comes from not having a good enough understanding of what digital marketing truly is and how essential it is to any business in modern times. As illustrated below, digital marketing is simply using the internet and electronic devices to promote a product or service to a target audience.
So, why does digital marketing matter so much and why should business owners invest in it? A stats report released by statista.com shows there are 22 million internet users in South Africa, and this number is expected to grow even more in the years to come.
- Facebook: 17.6 million users
- LinkedIn: 7.6 million users
- Twitter: 8.3 million users
- Instagram: 3.6 million users
- WhatsApp: 1.5 million users
- YouTube: 1.9 million users
With these numbers in mind and taking into account how much of our day is spent on our phones or in front of our PC’s - either searching the internet, watching videos or browsing and posting on social media, this is where relationships and connections between businesses and their audience is formed. Any business can generate business from at least one, if not all of these platforms.
There’s the assumption that digital marketing is about social media, but social media is not all-encompassing, it is merely one aspect of digital marketing. And before we look at the importance of digital marketing, lets take a deeper look into the types of digital marketing your business can benefit from.
People all over use Google to search for products, services or ideas. With Google ads, you too can be found on Google and drive relevant and quality traffic to your website that can convert into leads and sales. Coined the platform that offers the best ROI and the fastest results, Google advertising can help put your business on the map.
Search Engine Optimization
A site that ranks well in search engines will have website traffic streaming in. And although the focus is more organic and requires ongoing work, once you identify the keyword and phrases your target audience uses, you can get good results from having a website that has been optimized for search.
Social Media Marketing
Social media has become an essential part of our daily lives and our existence. For engagement and brand awareness, social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are great to engage and interact with your clients. With a bullet-proof social strategy, you can take your business to greater heights.
The use of video as a marketing tactic has skyrocketed the last few years, and video will keep making waves. From explainer videos, to introductory and funny videos - all of which aims to increase engagement and awareness.
Content, in all its forms drives to get customers to take action. This can be done through a targeted video campaign, content you distribute on social channels as well as the content that may live on your website that your audience will find useful.
Considerably one of the most effective and easiest ways to reach your target audience, email marketing allows you to speak directly to them, get customer insight and feedback and build long-term relationships. The key to a successful e-mail marketing campaign is not to spam or oversell. You need to make your customers feel valued.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN DIGITAL MARKETING:
- It’s cost-effective - contrary to popular belief, you don’t need a huge advertising budget for digital marketing. Provided it is done right, and by professionals who are skillful and knowledgeable, you can save a ton of money.
- There’s a good return on investment - the output will outweigh the input when you properly invest in digital marketing for your business.
- It can easily be measured and adjusted - the results can be measured and adjusted as needed. You’ll go through some trial and error to find out what exactly works best for both you and your audience.
- It’s targeted - you can reach your audience precisely where they’re investing their time and money.
- Perfect for creating brand awareness - when you share useful, relevant and engaging content with your clients, you can reach new people and gain loyal followers and supporters.
The key to digital success is ensuring you have a strategy in place that aligns with your goals, that proper planning has been invested into it and that it’s executed properly.
If you’re looking for some experts who are knowledgeable and skilled, get in touch with us.